A fantastically fruity breakfast granola which gives a great start to your day!
2 Tblsp Vegetable Oil
130mls Maple Syrup
4 Tablsp Runny Honey
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
350g Wholegrain rolled oats
60g Sunflower Seeds
60g Pumpkin Seeds
55g Sesame Seeds
65g Desiccated coconut
100g Flaked almonds
150g Dried mixed red berries
50g Light Soft Brown Sugar
1. Heat the oven to 140°C Fan.
2. In a large bowl mix together the oil, maple syrup, honey and vanilla
3. Tip in all the rest of the ingredients except the dried fruit.
4. Mix everything together until it is 'clumpy' and spread out on to 2 baking trays.
5. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes turning the mix over and mixing every 10 minutes
6. Add in the red berry dried fruit and bake for a further 10 minutes
7. Leave to cool then store in an airtight container - will keep for about a month.
N.B. Please note that all ovens vary. If your granola seems to be turning too brown cook for slightly less time and add the fruit accordingly.