50gm Ratafia Biscuit
70 ml Good Raspberry jam
5 Trifle Sponges
25 gms Finely chopped Almonds
25 gms whole almonds, toasted
125ml Sweet Sherry
70 ml Amoretto Liqueur
230 gms Fresh Raspberries
4 Egg Yolks
50 gms Caster Sugar
20 gms Cornflour or custard powder
450 mls fresh milk
300 mls fresh double cream
A few raspberries and toasted almonds to decorate.
1. Cut the trifle sponges in half and spread with the jam
2. Cut each into 4 and arrange in the bottom of your trifle bowl.
3. Pour over the sherry and 40 mls of the Amoretto Liqueur
4. Mix the chopped nuts with the crushed ratafia biscuits and sprinkle over.
5. Reserve a few raspberries for decoration and place the remainder in the bowl.
6. Blend the egg yolks, sugar and cornflour/custard powder with a little of the milk
7. Heat the remaining milk
8. When hot pour on to the egg mixture and whisk briskly.
9. Place back into the saucepan and continue to heat gently until thickened.
10. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining liqueur and 45 mls of the fresh cream. Pour over the raspberries and leave to cool.
11. Whip the remaining cream until stiff and pipe over the custard in whirls.
12. Finish by decorating with whole toasted almonds and raspberries.
13. Serve cold