For these biscuits ice with sugar paste, butter cream or water ice (not too wet). Halloween cutters are easily available from shops or on line. Like the cakes the flavour is kept simple.
4oz unsalted butter at room temp
4oz caster sugar
1 large free range egg lightly beaten
10oz Plain Flour
1 Teasp Vanilla essence
1. Cream the butter and sugar together.
2. Beat in the egg and essence.
3. Fold in the flour until the mixture becomes a dough
4. Roll the dough out on a floured surface to about ½ inch thick.
5. Cut out your Halloween shapes and place on a parchment lined baking tray.
6. Bake at 190ºC for about 10 minutes and cool on a rack.
7. Decorate with your chosen icing and leave to harden.