NOTE: THIS CAKE IS TOTALLY DELICIOUS BUT IS VERY LIGHT DUE TO THE STRUCTURE. HANDLE GENTLY WHEN REMOVING FROM THE TINS AND DECORATING.
You will need: 1 x 9" Square tin OR 2 x 7" Round Cake Tins
175 gms Dairy Free Margarine
175 gms Caster Sugar
155 gms Gluten free flour
130 gms Ground Almonds
200 gms Dairy Free Chocolate
175 mls Soya Milk
2 Teasp Gluten Free Baking Powder
2 Teasp Lemon Juice
1. Heat the oven to 160°C
2. Grease and line your tins using dairy free margarine
3. Break the chocolate into chunks and melt gently in a bowl over a pan of simmering water - do not let the bowl touch the water and do not over heat. Set aside.
4. Cream together the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Slowly drizzle in the melted chocolate beating all the time.
6. Fold in the ground almonds, flour, baking powder.
7. Stir in the soya milk and lemon juice.
8. Pour into your prepared tin/tins and bake for : 25 mins approx for the 2 7" tins and 30 to 35 mins for the 9" square. Check 5 mins before projected end of time.
9. Cool on a wire rack
10. Decorate or put together as personal choice.