Makes approx 30 Biscuits.
500 gms Slightly Salted Butter
200 gm Golden Caster Sugar
500 gms Plain Flour
160 gms Rice Flour
90 gms Cornflour
Flavourings can be Orange, Chocolate, Lemon, Cardamom, Vanilla, Dried fruit or any other flavour you fancy.
Adding Rice Flour with a little cornflour makes the biscuits a little more stable without losing that lovely shortbread crumbliness!
Set the oven to 190°C
1. Cream the butter and sugar
2. Add the flours and any flavourings.
3. Mix together thoroughly by kneading on a board, be careful not to over work.
4. Roll out until ½ thick and cut into fingers or desired shapes and prick the tops with a fork.
5. Place on a baking tray and bake for approx 15 - 20 mins Biscuits should be pale gold in colour.
6. Cool on a cooling rack.