400 gms Puff Pastry
290 gms mixed dried fruit
60 gms Melted Butter
1 Level Teasp Mixed Spice
½ Teasp Allspice
½ Teasp Nutmeg
115 gms Demerara Sugar
1 Egg White
Caster Sugar for sprinkling
SET OVEN TO 200°C
1. Place the butter and sugar in a pan and heat gently until the butter had melted and the sugar almost dissolved.
2. Add the fruit and spices, stir to combine and leave to cool.
3. Roll out the pastry thinly on a lightly floured surface and cut 12 circles about the size of a saucer.
4. Divide the fruit between the circles remembering that these are folded over so don't overfill!
5. Dampen the edges, fold over into a 'pasty' shape and crimp the edges together to seal.
6. Turn the cake over so that the join is in the middle flat to the work surface, this gives you an oval
7. Press down each one gently with a rolling pin and make 3 diagonal cuts with a sharp knife on each one.
8. Lightly beat the egg white and brush over the cakes.
9. Sprinkle with caster sugar and bake 0n non stick trays for 15 minutes or until golden.
10. Cool on a wire rack.